This is Flaninja.
He is a lethal martial arts expert and tasty egg-based dessert molded in to one delicious killing machine.
Don’t mess with Flaninja.
He will F you up.
And by “F” I mean “Flan”.
Humans are awesome because we figured out how to make pudding… and flan. (FLAN!!)
Humans are awesome because we befriend animals we might otherwise eat.
Humans are awesome because we can make things happen out of our imaginations. I don’t know that many wombats who are creative writers or kangaroos who are sculptors… however, elephants that are impressionist painters may give us a run for our money.
Humans are awesome because we figured out that if you super-heat a whole bunch of sand, you can make a window, or a glass, or a vase or a bead or countless other things… and they’ll be shiny!
Humans beings are awesome because we figured out *not only* that eggs are edible, but also how to cook them. Think about it. How the heck did we figure that out? (I imagine a clumsy caveman and a nearby fire, or something).
Finally, Human Beings are *ESPECIALLY* awesome because we will reach out to each other and lift each other up during the toughest times, even when we don’t know each other.
Thank you, Jen Yates and all of her AMAZING Human Being readers at her site Epbot.com for helping me in my geeky beanie quest. You have done something so simple, but also utterly incredible and selfless, for me during what would otherwise be a pretty crappy time.
I don’t know any of you, but I love you all.
And if there are any Extraterrestrials or Literate Mammals who have felt gypped because I didn’t mention them here, apologies, you’re awesome too.
Of Facts, Observations and Anecdotes
1. Having your photo taken with a Gamma Camera will NOT give you super-powers. We are not pleased.
2. Being forced to watch someone’s random vacation photos, set to the music of John Tesh, while having your photo taken by said Gamma Camera – not fun. Do. Not. Want. (Edited to add: The Gamma photo session lasted 30-minutes, all of which spent lying prone on a backboard, facing a small TV that was showing this travesty of good taste. I could not look away!!)
3. You can impress any Surgical R.N. by telling them your name, birth-date, and the reason you’re there in the first place. If you get it all right, they treat you like you’re the smartest person in THE WORLD.
4. At the Cancer Center where I’m being treated, they assign you an R.N. to help coordinate all of your procedures and appointments. They’re called Nurse Navigators. Sadly, they do not wear flight suits. Missing an awesome opportunity here, I think.
5. The more you’re looped up on anesthetic, the more likely you are to tell the nursing staff poop jokes. Seriously, Sedation = Scatological Humor
6. Drinking milk regularly really does give you excellent bone density! Just ask the surgical radiologist who worked up a sweat taking a marrow biopsy from my hip.
7. Tron: Legacy was sadly disappointing.
8. Jen Yates of Cake Wrecks and Epbot.com is AWESOME!!
9. The Fushigi ball is a rip-off. Don’t buy it.
10. Finally, now we know where He’s keeping them: